How the KRIS Record Management System can help Charities (IPC) with Regulatory Compliance and Governance
We will be glad to demo and go through the scenarios so you can evaluate if the solution is relevant to you.
Systematic Central Record Keeping
- For important records such as Details of Cash Donations and Donation-in-kind.
- Sensitive Records are kept in a central repository and not on individual PC. The committee do not have to worry about missing records due to staff turnover.
Disclosures in annual reports backed up with properly kept records of board meeting minutes & board member’s attendance
KRIS Record Management System helps in PDPA compliance; for the handling of personal information of members, donors, beneficiaries etc.
Below are features of KRIS Record Management System that are relevant to PDPA:
Access only to authorized personnel
This relates to the handling of personal information of members, donors, beneficiaries etc. Each staff will be given access to records based on his/her job role within the organization.
- Only Membership department will be able to access and download member records.
- Only Accounts will be able to access donation details.
However, do note that once a record is downloaded out of the Record Management System by an Authorised User into his/her desktop, it is no longer secure by the Record Management System. From then on it is important for the staff to handle the file according to PDPA policy to ensure sensitive information is kept safe.
Records kept no longer than necessary
Record Retention Schedule relates to the policy of deciding how long records will be kept in the organisation to provide for auditing purpose. Keeping records longer than necessary clutters up information and posts a risk of a security breach.
You can input Record Retention Schedule set out by the Committee into KRIS. When a record reaches expiry, KRIS will prompt the users is it should proceed to archive or delete the record.
Proper and secure deletion of records kept within the system. Ensures that there is little possibility of recovery for malicious purposes.
Facilitate Auditing & Accountability
- Systematic filing structure within KRIS facilitates the filing and retrieval of information.
- Digital log and trails allow us to see exactly who viewed and updated the records.