Why do we need to automate HR Processes?
HR people are more than robots
We cannot automate all HR processes. But we must automate the ones that are predictable and recurring. With the successful automation of each process or a sub-set of an entire process, we reap the benefits of speed, reliability and accuracy of computers. But most importantly, we free up HR executives and managers to focus their time on understanding.
Right actions fueled by correct understandings
Understanding the organisation, the environment the organisation is operating in and anticipating the changes ahead. Understanding the talents. Where to find them, how to motivates them to perform better to continue to stay with us.
Then make informed actions and to improve on existing efforts. Pulling the company ahead of the competition.
Since the beginning of time, HR has a pivotal role in the survival of a company, they are the one that finds, attracts, keeps and motivates the talents that made it possible.
Hindered to shine
But very often, HR is being bogged down by manual administrative work. Work that is predictable and recurring. Work like this:
- Manual payroll and benefits administration
- Manual record management of employees. Record management for the purpose of day to day HR processes and to ensure that the HR department is in line with the government regulations. This responsibility is made more substantial with the implementation of PDPA in Singapore and GDPR in Europe.
- Manual processing of tax forms
- Manual employee on-boarding. Having to manually send confidentially agreements and forms to new hires and the relevant departments of the company.
- Manual time-sheet processing
- Manual tracking of employee benefits and more.
HR with a focus on people, creativity and unpredictability
What if we can do away with most of the robotic task above and let HR shine. More time to focus on people, creativity and unpredictability?
More time to
- Analyse HR data to improve existing HR processes
- Get ahead of other employers by creating a truly better company culture by giving what employees really want. This can only come when there is time to interact and understand the talents. The ones already on-board and the ones that we are looking to attract.
- Make the new, improved company culture known to potential talents through effective marketing channels.
- Learn new tools such as LinkedIn Recruiters to find talents and streamline existing recruitment processes
- Think and plan value-adding training for employees. Invest in them, and they will appreciate it.
The cornerstone of HR automation
The foundation of HR automation is an HR document management system. Implementing an HR DMS can leapfrog the department in the area of automation and compliance.
- Peace of mind. Fulfil PDPA requirements in everyday HR processes
- One location. Store, secure and retrieve all personnel files within a single system
- Convenience. Built for efficiency. Easy to file and retrieve documents
- Automation. Automate day to day HR tasks
- Integrate with HRM systems. E.g. Workday, Peoplesoft and more!
Read more about the benefits of an HR document management system here.